Rules and regulations should be followed while attempting to perform the removal of asbestos in Auckland. The enforcement of laws discourages improper removal, labelling, and disposal of asbestos from ensuring that people are not exposed to airborne fibres of asbestos. As homeowners can inadvertently expose themselves and others to harmful toxic, they should avoid disturbance or removal of asbestos on their own.
It is strongly recommended by regulatory agencies to appoint a certified and licensed professional for abatement of asbestos. These experts determine the presence of asbestos-containing materials through careful inspection and perform the appropriate course of action where necessary.
Exposure to asbestos leads to numerous diseases such as asbestosis, lung cancer, and mesothelioma. The toxic fibres of asbestos are unidentifiable with the naked eye upon becoming airborne, increasing the chances of exposure to these toxic fibres. These fibres are lodged in the linings of different organs if inhaled or ingested, resulting in health issues in the abdomen, lungs, and the heart.